Monday, February 1, 2010

Sing Out!

I've truly been blessed! I've recently been asked to perform for a new concert series featuring praise and worship music. Body and Soul Christian Bookstore started holding free concerts for the community on their Corner Cafe stage. I am so pleased that these opportunities are opening up not only for me but for others with a love for God and His Son, Jesus. How about you? Can you sing or play an instrument? If you have this gift, you can use it to bless your surrounding community and those living in it. Here is what the Bible says is the result of publicly praising and worshiping the One True God:

"He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what He has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in Yahweh." (Psalm 40:3)

God can and will give you a new song to sing to praise Him. When we do this, people will see and hear of what He has done and step back in awe. Then the scripture says they will put their trust in Yah. What could possibly be better than that? See Yeshua, (Jesus), said that out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks. God does so much for us each day. Is it possible to articulate His praise with a new song? Sure it is! Sometimes we have to just trust and go out on a limb. We can over think....I don't have the voice, musical skills, equipment, etc. The list goes on and on. Once we look to Yah to supply what we need to bless His name, we will find that there is no shortfall! If nothing else, we should go forward because as King David said:

"I will sing to Yahweh, for He has been good to me." (Psalm 13:6)

If you have tasted and seen that our Heavenly Father is good, you too have something to sing about and much to share with others. God has blessed us with His unfailing love, life, good food, clothing and a home. We also have people to love in the Body of Christ. So my heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast: I will sing and make music!

PRAYER: Gracious Yah, You are so good to me! Help me to share what is in my heart with songs of praise. Be glorified! In Yeshua's way, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment