Monday, November 29, 2010

I Say: Merry Christmas!

I saw a video on Facebook today showing a Flash Crowd doing a portion of Handel's Messiah replete with Hallelyah Chorus! It was glorious but made me think back to a time not very long ago where I learned that 1700's composition for an Christmas Concert performed in a public school.

We all know from secular history that this country was founded on the bedrock of Judeo-Christian beliefs. So when did we become an atheist nation, afraid to mention our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ? The truth is ... we didn't. There are certain voices in the liberal media trying to dictate and rather harshly so, what Americans are supposed to believe.

This sort of intimidation includes ridicule and singling out Biblical beliefs as being "myths". This is serious because it is our faith in Yahshua's words that will either save or judge us:

"There is a Judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day." John 12:48

No way of getting around it. Yahshua believes the Law and the Prophets because he said he came not to abolish the writings of Moses but to fulfill it:

"Don't misunderstand why I have come. I did not come to abolish the law of Moses or the writings of the prophets. No, I came to accomplish their purpose." Matthew 5:17

All of that which was written was a foretaste of the glory and redemption to come! So, Jesus wasn't ashamed to believe the Law and the Prophets. Now that his work has been accomplished, we shouldn't be either. We are NOT a nation of agnostics and atheists no matter what the mainstream media would have us believe. Think for yourself and don't let anyone quiet you for your beliefs. Freedom of Speech is part of our National Heritage. So I say, "Merry CHRISTmas"!

No comments:

Post a Comment