Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Heart Notes


I encourage everyone to start serving in their community. My calling was towards a music ministry but I did not have tremendous skills to offer. I just offered my heart and trusted my Heavenly Father to make up the rest. It's the same analogy of stepping out of the boat. Peter had faith to step onto the water but often we lose sight of our focus, in this case Yeshua. These distractions and fears cause us to sink because we're looking at our circumstances and not him! If we take ourselves out of the mix, "Oh I don't have a good enough _______(fill in the blank), I'll make a fool of myself", etc., God can work with what we have and even multiply it. However if we insist on going by how things appear, we can actually hinder God's grace. I can say that my music ministry has been deeply blessed and it is a joy to serve in the hospitals and nursing homes as a chaplain and musician. God did that. Consider yourself called!

No comments:

Post a Comment