Friday, October 9, 2009

Pure Language


God's promises are always true because He is the only one powerful enough to make them happen. We can reflect on Yahweh's promise to Moshe, (Moses). Deuteronomy 18:18 says, "I will raise them up a prophet from among their brothers, like you; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak to them all that I shall command him." This prophecy points to Yeshua, (Jesus). This is telling us that this coming prophet would be from among his own Jewish brethren just as Moshe was. However, he would be a faithful prophet and speak all the words that God would give him. Note how in a moment of anger and frustration, Moshe failed to speak to the rock as Yah commanded him to do. Instead, "Moses and Aaron gathered the assembly together before the rock, and he said to them, "Hear now, you rebels; shall we bring you water out of this rock for you?" but struck it saying, "Must we give you water from this rock?"

Moses was very angry and it lead him to disobey. He did not speak all that God commanded but struck the rock saying he and Aaron would be getting water for the people. Yeshua is the only prophet who completely discharged his commission without sin or defect. Like Moshe and Aaron, he could have disobeyed. If not the temptations of Ha-Satan in the wilderness would have been empty gestures. No, Yeshua was raised up from among his brothers, the Israelite people. Even though Yeshua had his genesis by a supernatural act of creation in Mary's womb, he was completely human. That is why he is also called the "Last Adam". Unlike the first Adam, Moses and Aaron, he did and said all that our Heavenly Father told him.

John 14:14 confirms this from Yeshua's own mouth: "He who doesn't love me doesn't keep my words. The word which you hear isn't mine, but the Father's who sent me."

Yeshua also stated that life in the coming age would hinge on knowing God and him. John 17:3 "and this is the life age-during, that they may know Thee, the only true God, and him whom Thou didst send -- Jesus Christ; Yeshua is speaking of someone other than himself as "The Only True God". That would be his God and Father who is also our God and Father. John 20:17 Yeshua told Mariam, (Mary the Magdelene), "....be not detaining me for not yet have I ascended unto the Father; but be going unto my disciples and say unto them, I am ascending unto my Father and your Father and my El, (God) and your God.

PRAYER: Almighty Yah, I know you are the Only True God as You put these words in Your Son's mouth to proclaim. Thank you for keeping Your promises to all who put faith in You. Help me to obey all the words You have given Your Holy Servant Yeshua thus showing my love for both You and him. In his teachings I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment