Thursday, November 19, 2009

Are You Self-Righteous?


Trust God in all things! I often have to tell myself this many times before it sinks in. There are so many distractions in life both good and bad. Things did not pan out as we had planned so there is an adjustment to be made. Here's where being flexible and trusting comes in. We know that all things work together for good for those who love God and who are called according to His purposes. So even during a perceived setback, trust!

At times, my best laid plans have fallen through. It's disappointing but the sooner I give it over to God, believing in His power and not my own, the better things go. That is why it is so important to have an ongoing dialog with our Heavenly Father. Day by day, hour by hour because things can change even faster than that. In giving thanks for what Yah has already done, it ignites that sure faith that He will again care for our concerns no matter how big or small.

When reading the Bible it clearly says, "The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous (Proverbs 15:29) King Solomon is saying that God hears him or her who has walked in righteousness. I thought, "Oh no, this can't possibly apply to me. I'm not righteous at all!" Then I began to understand that God already knows this but by grace, has made Yeshua to be my righteousness. Romans 3:21 says, "But now a righteousness from God, apart from law, has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify."

I can testify too! My faith in Jesus words and finished work credits his right standing before God, to me! So through him, I can boldly approach the throne of the Almighty, confident that as the Proverb says, my prayer will be heard. That should remove all doubt and tendency not to call on God because of how we feel about ourselves on any given day. Notice the righteousness from God is apart from the law. This means that "following the rules" is not what saves. The Pharisees did that and in their self-righteousness, failed to recognize and obey the true Messiah. They already had all the answers, (or so they thought), professing they were good enough. We need to trust God for what He says and whom He has supplied for us to be right before Him.

PRAYER: Loving, merciful Father. You are so worthy of my praise and trust! Help me to see that there is nothing I can do to make myself righteous before You. In Your grace, You have already taken care of that for me in Yeshua, Ha Messiah. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment