Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Will You Go?

Barlowgirl ministering to the crowd at the Rev Gen music festival.


Yeshua, (Jesus), said "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations;" (Matthew 28:19). When I think of going out in obedience to this command, what I can't begin to think about is what I don't have or can't do. If I look to my own power, resources, abilities, etc., I would probably just stay in bed! That's not what Yeshua wanted his talmidim or disciples to do then and it is surely not what he wants now. Paul had the right idea when he declared in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." 2 Corinthians 12:9, Paul goes on to clarify the importance of God's grace through His gift of the Messiah, "And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me."

If we are already "filled up" with our own strength, what place is there left for Christ to dwell?
Many times we may wake up with aches and pains which might have kept us up most of the night or with nagging anxietes that don't seem to go away. We can feel worthless and depressed if we look at what we ourselves have to offer. However, our Heavenly Father and His Son Yeshua are not concerned with outward appearances or even what we can personally bring to the table. Take for example a team of two women, one blind and the other needing a cane. They faithfully visited senior centers in their community, even serving cups of cold water to the residents during their musical program. Now if these women were to stop and say, "I can't do this! I'm blind and my friend is barely able to walk!", God would have never had the opportunity to show His immeasurable strength. He is glorified in that our own abilities may fail but His never does.

So when Yeshua says "Go", keep in mind that you are not taking the journey alone. He is in the yoke and pulling hard along side you. Yahweh has given him the authority to empower us. He is the head of his body but is not the head still part of the body? Absolutely! That is why he is our helper, comforter and mediator. The ISV version of the Bible makes it so clear: "There is one God. There is also one mediator between God and human beings-a human, the Messiah Jesus."
Yeshua is our big brother packing all the strength we need so....."Go"!

No comments:

Post a Comment